Firstly, congratulations on your newly smoothed hair. Doesn’t it feel amazing!
This is the lovely Rachel from Townsville, as you can see from her before photo she has been fighting the frizz. After her keratin smoothing treatment, Rachel has been able to wash and wear her hair (as shown in the after image above). If she wanted to create a straighter, sleeker appearance all she would need to do would be to wash and blast dry her hair.
As you know your treatment will last up to 5 months, depending on your hair type and how you look after it, so here’s our cheat sheet on how to do just that.
- Do wait for 48 hours after your treatment before washing it out. This allows the treatment to work its magic into your hair. There is, however no benefit of leaving your treatment in any longer than this – it will only dry out your hair.
- If your hair happens to get wet before the 48 hour period, don’t panic. Simply blow dry it off asap and when it’s dry go over it lightly with a flat iron on a low heat setting.
- Do not use any styling products until after the first proper shampoo at home. If you need to, you can use the riot control oil to smooth down any pesky flyaways.
- Use bhave sodium chloride and sulphate free shampoos and conditioners to support and maximise the longevity of your treatment. If you do use shampoos and conditioners that contain sodium chloride it may strip out your treatment. We have formulated all of our bhave shampoo and conditioners specifically to help maintain the results of your treatment for as long as possible.
- If you like to have your hair coloured in a darker shade then we recommend waiting 7-10 days after your treatment before colouring.
- If you’re a water baby and you love to swim be aware that sea or chlorinated water may reduce the longevity of your treatment. To counteract this we recommend that you apply leave-in crème and riot control oil before your swim and rinse your hair with fresh water immediately after. This will help eliminate any salt or chlorine build up.
- If you love exercising and building up a sweat, rinse your hair with fresh water after your workout to eliminate the salt.
- Use heat to activate the smoothing effect. As this is NOT a straightening treatment, however, you can wash’n’wear if you would like a little bit of movement without frizz.
your hair, your life, your rules