It’s Valentine’s Day and while others are talking jewellery, flowers and chocolates I’m talking hair love because self-love is the best love of all. Let’s face it your hair is your best accessory and if it’s feeling phenomenal the world feels a little brighter.
Here’s a list I’ve put together to inspire you to romance your hair on Valentine’s Day.
- You are what you eat so eat well. Start today by treating yourself with food that’s going to have you glowing from the inside out. Not getting enough nutrients can leave your hair lack-lustre, brittle and prone to shedding. None of these feel or look good. Incorporating protein, iron, vitamin C, omega-3, vitamin A, zinc and selenium, vitamin E and biotin into your diet will increase your health and have your follicles thriving (I know it’s a long list but these vitamins can all be found in your food).
- Stay hydrated. Invest in a funky water bottle that appeals to your stylish self and keep it topped up. Add a slice of lemon, lime and ginger to tantalise your taste buds and encourage you to drink more. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. One way to look after your hair is to keep yourself well watered. Dehydration leads to brittle, ageing hair and nobody wants to go there.
- Give you hair a rest from all those heated appliances. Declare today a day of natural beauty and let your hair air dry – your hair will love you for it.
- If you do use heated appliances, protect your hair before you do so. Products like super nova, leave-in crème and riot oil protect your cuticles while you’re creating a style that you love.
- Stretch out the shampooing 2-3 days at least. I know your scalp is oily, but believe me, washing it every day will not help. When you do shampoo stick to your roots only. I cannot stress this enough – wash your roots, condition your ends and watch the difference it makes.
- Invest in a shampoo and conditioner loaded with active ingredients like our raw natural keratin which nourishes, repairs and builds on the health of your hair each time you wash and condition. You also need to and use a lot less.
- Gift your hair a rescue therapy treatment and show it some deep love. You have facials for your skin why wouldn’t you give your hair the same amount of love; it’s doing such a great job for you.
- Treat yourself to a silk pillow case not only will it feel luxurious but it is kinder on your hair and face.
- Book yourself in for a cut, colour, or blow wave with your favourite stylist and walk on air for the rest of the day.
your hair, your life, your rules